Behold the disaster that was yesterday evening. I decided to make mashed potatoes for dinner, potatoes are good right? What could go wrong with potatoes? Spoiler alert: everything. I peeled potatoes like a boss (only dropping a few of them in the trashcan...eh, you boil them anyway right? Totally enforcing the five second rule here).
The water kept boiling over and making a mess of the stove so I decided I would be clever (yeah, right) and sit on the arm of the sofa closest to the kitchen (seen below in exhibit A) so I could run in like Speedy Gonzalez and remedy the situation. No big deal, I am the master of my kitchen. That is until I jumped off the sofa, ran into the table below and created a disaster zone.
RIP white lamp July 2011-August 2011, you served us well and always lit up the room. The poor unsuspecting illuminator tumbled and busted apart along with the glass vase that also sat on the table and held seashells and sunglasses. Such a mess.
Unfortunately the series of events does not cease here, when I go to detach the beaters my the electric mixer I inadvertently turn it on, WHAM, mashed potatoes everywhere, I am now wearing dinner, except its not as cute as when those naked girls lie down on a table covered in sushi, I was just a not-so-hot mess. I will forever refer to this night as Curse of the Spuds 2011, may it never happen again.
Anyway, onto the next: Today I took the metro. It was not the midnight train goin' anywhere, just you know, your everyday train going somewhere.
What I wore