Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lazy Hazy Saturday

Yesterday I visited the Smithsonian Museum of American Art/National Portrait Gallery (they share a building...let me just say the American Art Museum is way more interesting in this bloggers humble opinion). It was a fabboo way to spend a day (in air conditioning!) Whenever I visit an art museum it makes me realize that literally anything can be considered art. It's easy to be judgeyMcJudgerson about any drawings or paintings I make, but museums make you realize there is a lot of weird looking stuff in the world that people actually really dig. One man's trash really is anther's treasure! I would also like to note that I'm not president of the modern art fan club. One installation featured a man on a television just looking into a camera and rubbing his checks repeatedly. Moisturizing is art now? To each their own.

 I actually like this simple painting on canvas, it says I'm fun and practical. Also I may have just ran out of primary colors.
 I bet this homegirl never had trouble hailing a taxi.








 I thought this horse statue made out of driftwood was pretty cool, the picture behind it is a nuclear mushroom cloud done in charcoal! It must have taken a million hours, I would be blind if I ever tried to do that, not to mention the dirtiest person ever; charcoal gets everywhere.
 This was actually a cool instillation, it was the entire United States (Hawaii and Alaska were in the corner) with television screens playing Americana things like the Wizard of Oz and what have you.
 Just outside of the metro in Chinatown.



 Roger and I went out to brunch this morning at Kramerbooks & Afterwords, deliciouso. I bravely went where no low-residue-diet has gone before and ate a mushroom omelet, which so far has not gone badly. I would like to high five my intestines for a job well done. Hopefully this is a sign that salad and fruits are not too far off in the future.

 Don't tell Roger I sneaked this picture of him perusing books after brunch! Hush-hush!
What are you all doing this weekend?








1 comment:

  1. sounds like so much fun! I went to the Smithsonian a few years ago -- great place!

    p.s. i looove that map with all the TVs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, I can't wait to see what you have to share! I hope you will considering following my blog, I'd love to see you again ;)